for Children, Adolescents & Adults
Renfrew’s psychologists are highly qualified and experienced in the assessment and treatment of psychological problems and related concerns with both children and adults. You will find them to be compassionate, supportive and effective in dealing with your issues or those of your child or family member.
Renfrew’s Psychological Services are easy to access with limited wait times and can be scheduled at any of our five locations throughout the city.
- Psychological – comprehensive evaluation of psychological, intellectual and emotional functioning, including specialized diagnosis and assessment.
- Psychoeducational – detects the presence of learning disabilities, attention problems, behavioural problems or other barriers to learning. Includes recommendations for treatment and management of learning problems.
- Career Decision – determines strengths, needs, aptitudes and career potential. Is used to identify appropriate job choices, employability and training needs.
- Counselling – we offer individual, couple and/or family sessions devoted to helping all involved understand and cope with the difficulties of life. Our psychologists offer treatment for many issues including depression, anxiety, stress, anger management, marital stress, and adjustment issues (e.g. coping with your own or a loved one’s chronic or newly diagnosed disability/illness and pain management).
- Consultation - includes recommendations for appropriate accommodations and strategies necessary for dealing with psychological and behavioural issues, at home, in school , at work and in daily life.
- Fees apply and are in line with the recommended fee schedule set out by the Psychologists Association of Alberta
- Private health insurance or FSCD funding for children may cover service fees
For more information, please contact us at:
T 403.291.5038 ext. 1690